Sunday, April 13, 2014

Exxperior Interview

1.Can you give us an update on what is going on with the project since the release of the new album?
Hi! There are only about 15 physical Copies of "Killing Entertainment" left .I am happy the feedback is realy good, since the Album is quite weird, due to the tons of guest singer. I just startet a crowdfunding project to release both albums in one amazing Vinyl-Package! Definitely check that out ;)

2.Recently you have released a new album, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical direction of the new recording and also how does it differ from your previous releases?
The first one "Call for Sanity" has been a very personal Album. In general the first thing i ever produced. With the second Album i focused on entertaining people with crazy and interesting thrash songs. Horror Metal Sounds (.com) called me a "bold cat" for creating something like a thrash metal adventure. And its probably the best sound i can produce with my little little home studio: One Pc and an 150€ Interface, hahahaha.

3.When I was listening to the album the ,music was mostly old school thrash and then on one of the tracks the music goes almost black metal, was that track included to shock or surprise people?
Everything ment to surprise, somehow. I realy like to do that. "I am your Death" was planned as the atmospheric doom song of the album. some call it black metal, some as death. I wrote the lyrics with my friend Erik (Slaughtered Existence) and they fit perfect to the Riffs. I added some clean guitars and there you go...the black part of the Album ;)

4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you explore with the new album?
I always try to keep it varied. You find some anti-stuff, typical thrash metal lines or stories that are mirroring todays society. Most of the time i just can believe whats going on..Reality is racking my Brain. Oh s***, just blabbered out one of my new  titles ;) haha.

5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Exxperior'?
I like that question, cause it realy has an origin. I was looking for a non-existing word. Inspired by "experiment" and "experiore" (latin) i chose EXXPERIOR. I added the XX, because of the symbol character and the -OR to keep the Thrash Metal Attitude.
 
6.In the studio you mostly do the album by yourself along with some session musicians, are you open to working with a full band in the studio or do you chose to remain solo?
Definitely looking forward to work with a whole band. But i will still remain a so called "mastermind", cause i like to fulfill all the stuff that is in my mind. (for instance i mostly create the lyric arrangements,too). Sounds egocentric, but belive me i am not! I work fast, pinpoint and i am impatient. Everything is cool, when i work with musicians that fit together with it.  

7.What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?
Exxperior played only three live gigs before the first drummer left us; still friends ;). Munich,Torino and Leipzig had been awesome gigs. We were freaking out such as the audiance. We got broken Toms, Circle Pits around our Guitarist, Lovers & Haters. We played a Toxik Medley, a special Version of Technical Difficulties and covered Dr.Living Dead - yes we liked to surprise and we will!

8.Do you have any touring or show plans once you find a live guitarist?
Once i find a guitarist i start to plan something. I seem to have found the perfect drummer (TRIOPUS) and i got an amazing vocalist (Falk from Bitchhammer).

9.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?
Most Labels are looking for financial success. Me not, so i will try to work for my own. I would be very proud to reach a high level of fame without a label or big PR stuff. It's about Music and Passion and not Money. I just started my Crowdfunding Project, that shall help me to pay an amazing Vinyl Production. 
www.startnext.de/en/exxperior-vinyl-produktion

10.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of thrash metal?
Difficult question. Personal Feedback ist 95% good. (Man, i am grateful for that!) If you combine clicks and likes, the feedback is rather less, but thats ok since its getting more and more - not the other way round, hehe.

11.According to the Metal Archives page, you are also involved with a couple of other bands, can you tell us a little bit more about them?
Yeah, it had been about 8 different Bands. The Explanation is easy: I was moving from town to town a lot. I started thrashing with Hateful Agony from Munich. Nowadays the band leader hates me, since i left the band. But i am in good contact with all the other dudes from the past and still supporting them everytime i can. I gain insight with black metal stuff with SLAUGHTERED EXISTENCE. I am a session musician for STRAIGHTLINE (Crossover) and RICHTER (German Rock). I started playing Bass for TRIOPUS, cause i was thrilled by 260 BPM Grind Death. Damn, i learned how to rock with a bass guitar, there!! RODENT has been another personal project. Its kind of the early Dr.Living Dead - just making fun and sing about nonsense, but still thrashing. 

12.Where do you see the project heading into musically during the future?
Wow, thats what's making me crazy everytime i work on songwriting. Shall i go more technical or stay straight? I am not sure, but there is something i concentrate on and i am revealing a little secret now, so pay attention. I like to combine Thrash Metal with a Musical-Atmosphere without losing the aggression and OldSchool feeling. We'll see if it works.
 
13.What are some bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Everything that shows musical passion can be awesome. It depends on the situation. Sometimes i like Wolfmother, the other hour Havok again and then Jennifer Rush. But here are my latest Metal favourites: Chronosphere, Toxic Waltz, Slaughterer, Razormaze, Thrash or Die and Holy Grail.

14.What are some of your non musical interests?
I used to do any sport. But since i have a fulltime job (Caregiver) i focus on music and hanging around with friends and my beloved Julia. Partying or watching movies. My ultimative hint for you: Bad Boy Bubby.

15.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Yes! Now i go political: If you oversleep the Democracy, you will wake up in a dictatorship. So go out and scream at every goverment and society! If you just like to stay metal, then thanks for funding my Vinyl-Production ;) Cheers!!
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment